EB5531: Cybersecurity Specialist
Salary: £37,900 to £59,900 DOE
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An exciting requirement for a Cybersecurity Specialist has arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
This Client is looking to employ a dynamic and proactive Cybersecurity Specialist to join a New Team based in Nuneaton. This Cybersecurity Specialist will be based within the Vehicle Resilience department and they will form part of the growth strategy of the business.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
A large part of the Cybersecurity Specialist role will involve new service strategy, development, implementation and delivery tasks. As such, strong technical knowledge and experience of cybersecurity, computer science and electrical and electronic principles are essential. A working knowledge of test and measurement equipment, antennas, EM theory, systems engineering, and problem resolution will be a significant advantage.
Entrants will have a hands-on expert knowledge of cybersecurity test and engineering standards and methods, and an understanding of new vehicle technologies, architectures, diagnostics and applicable test and engineering methods to assess and resolve their associated cybersecurity vulnerabilities. It is essential that applicants understand the challenges of cybersecurity within the automotive industry.
Successful candidates will work as part of a collaborative team to deliver customer and development programmes across multiple disciplines including EMC, Connectivity, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety for the automotive, off-highway, agricultural and military sectors. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential as liaison with both internal project managers and external customers occurs daily. Excellent time management and flexibility in working hours are essential.
Attention to detail and an ability to plan and deliver complex work programmes, along with an understanding of the importance of data validation are key.
Essential Experience for this role includes:-
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a relevant field is essential and in excess of 15 years is preferred. Relevant fields include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on cybersecurity specialist in a high technology industry or within the automotive industry
- Cybersecurity research specialist
- Experience covering part periods across a number of applicable fields totalling the required period will also be considered.
Essential Skills for this role include:-
- Make effective decisions
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Work to deadlines, individually and as part of a team
- Take responsibility and ownership to ensure success
- Plan and prioritise delivery of both short and long duration projects
- Deliver customer expectations in a timely fashion, to aid contractual / financial goals
Essential Qualifications for this role include:-
- GCSE English/Maths/Physics are essential
- A Degree or PhD are preferred
- Applicants below PhD level must demonstrate at least 15 years experience in a relevant field
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'