Senior Cyber Threat Analyst
Are you wanting to move forward with your career? Do you feel like you’re not appreciated in your current role? Do you feel like you need a new challenge?!......
Look no further as a fantastic career-progressing opportunity has become available within an extremely successful multinational insurance company for a Senior Cyber Threat Analyst.
Purpose of the Role
You will be the point of contact for the global business in remediation of Security incidents. You will support them in ensuring that security incidents are handled efficiently to minimise the impact and reducing the risk to the business.
The main focus of this role is to;
The role will involve engagement with stakeholders from across all areas of the business, leveraging technology and initiatives from the global CISO function and its suppliers. Therefore, candidates should be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to review large amounts of data; capability to juggle many priorities and security related topics whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service skills via previous Information Security or Corporate Governance role.
• Threat Hunting for unknown and undetected malicious activity using available tools and data to find unknown and undetected threats
• Respond to alerts and incidents from the Global Security Operations Centre and other areas of the business
• Supporting the Group CISO Cyber Threat Hunting Lead in collation of management information and reporting
• Following up on incidents and alerts, chasing third party suppliers and escalation where required
• Support the Global CISO business engagement model via direct dialogue with specialist areas/individuals that support security control operation
• Support the assessment of security control operation across business lines and third-party suppliers
• Analysis of management information and delivery of onward reporting
Skills & Experience required
• Experience working within an information security role
• Knowledge of Information Security regulatory and legislative requirements
• Able to compile and analyse MI
• Experience of SIEM tools and log analysis
• Good communication skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people
• Experience of working in a help desk /support environment would be beneficial
What will you get from this role
• Salary of up to/between £45,000 to £52,000
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- Line Support
- Threat Analysis
- Incident Response