Job title: Technical Security Specialists & Architects - MSS (Managed Security Services)
Location: Newbury, Bracknell or Brentford
We have multiple roles within a new teams that is being created within our Managed Security Services business.
Any applicant must be willing and meet the criteria to successfully attain SC clearance for this role
To ensure that we are building and delivering Managed Security Services solutions to our customers that provide the level of protection required whilst remaining commercially viable. The Technical Security Specialist will be accountable for the ensuring the implementation and delivery of, secure by design principles that are used for the design build and run of GE MSS Operations System Support toolsets used to support Vodafone’s enterprise customers. Working collaboratively with multi-disciplined, cross functional teams within Vodafone to and ensure that these continue to meet the contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) of our largest clients and drive new revenue opportunities by facilitating agile deployments of new products and services.
Championing security within Vodafone, providing security leadership and overseeing and driving forward security design, build and innovation
Vodafone operates in a product agnostic environment to support the requirements of our customers. As such, candidates will have exposure to a variety of security technologies and shall be comfortable in adapting to new security tools and technologies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Own the adherence to and implementation of security principles and baselines that support the strategy of delivering consistent Managed Security Services to our client base.
- Successfully meeting customer SLA’s
- Ensuring the proposed MSS security architectures are documented, communicated internally and continually improved.
- Contributing to future security architecture concepts and best practice into Vodafone product management teams.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Good working knowledge of security principles and developments in Cyber security across a broad range of areas such as: IDPS, WAF, Firewalls, DDoS, Anti-Malware, Logging and Monitoring, Cloud Security, Authentication.
- Experience of delivering technical security advice and guidance to customers within multiple industry verticals including Financial Services, Critical National Infrastructure & Public Sector.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical business units.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Relevant technical degree or security certification such as CISM or CISSP Security+, CEH, etc desirable, .
- Must be capable of being cleared to SC level within the UK
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Enterprise uses the power of our Global network, operating companies and partner networks toconfidently connect large corporation customers. Across our Carrier Services, Cloud & Hosting, Internet of Things (IoT), Product Management, Security and Sales/Marketing operations we connect and secure organisations in a rapid changing world and empower their people and consumers through our "ready business" total communication solutions. We believe, quite simply, that the answer for any business is to be ready for anything. Are you now ready for your career with us?
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours.
- Network Security
- Information Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job