Our cyber security practice operates nationally, and serves clients with strategy, risk and governance advice, deep technical implementation and assurance expertise. The Cyber Security team is part of the wider Technology Solutions team that sits within our Consulting branch.
A Senior in our Cyber Security team provides expert technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security engagements. You will be a security generalist with specialisation in specific areas which can be developed as your career develops. This role would suite someone who is conformable working across the multitude of cyber security disciplines. We will offer you the opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
You will report to the Cyber Security Senior Manager and Manager in the London office and you will be responsible for delivering Cyber Security work to clients across London and South.
A broad range of clients and sectors are included in the client portfolios in the London and South including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance
- Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
- Central and Local Government
The candidate would be expected to contribute relevant skills and experience to the national practice as the need arises.
- Responsibility for executing day to day Cyber Security work and reviews on behalf of a number of clients in London, England, and working with the national practice including contributing to client management, and acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
- To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards;
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs;
- To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself;
- Build and develop strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication;
- Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients;
- Maintain and develop Cyber Security knowledge and competencies;
- Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
- Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work.
- You will be graduate or post-graduate in technology or business studies including systems, or have adequate experience to compensate for the same;
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy);
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases;
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills proven through report writing experience;
- Desire to help grow and develop the department;
- The Technology Solutions team also delivers services such as IT Assurance, Data Privacy, Forensics, Data Analytics and IT Outsourcing. Therefore, experience of any of these service lines would be an advantage or an interest in developing your skills in these services.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
- While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC);
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job