Cyber Security Officer
Cyber Security Officer
Contract Type: Open Ended
Salary: £39,748 - £44,166 per annum (depending on experience)
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe's largest multidisciplinary research organisations, with our National Laboratories providing world-class research facilities and capabilities operated as a national research resource. STFC is one of the nine councils in UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI's mission is to convene, catalyse and invest in close collaboration with others to build a thriving, inclusive research and innovation system that connects discovery to prosperity and public good.
With sites including the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) at the Harwell campus in Oxfordshire, the Daresbury Laboratory at the Sci-Tech Daresbury campus in Cheshire, and the UK Astronomy Technology Centre in Edinburgh, STFC is positioned to deliver advance scientific understanding and generate a remarkable variety of real-world benefits which shape societies and transform lives.
About the Role
A vacancy has arisen for a Cyber Security Officer in STFC Digital Infrastructure. The post will be based primarily at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire with options to work flexibly with limited amount of remote working.
In this role, you will manage the delivery of Information System Security services across STFC and partner organisations, ensuring that levels of control are maintained, operated upon and improved to meet the needs of the business. You will ensure that appropriate Information Security policies and standards are available across all of STFC, and that they remain relevant through a continuous process of identifying improvements, to reflecting best practice and organisational experience.
As a Cyber Security Officer, you will have line management responsibilities. This includes responsibility for planning of work activity, ensuring safe working practices, offering constructive guidance and professional development, and financial resources within defined limits. The role is conditional on having or obtaining UK National Security Vetting Security Clearance (SC)
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree in relevant subject or significant work experience
- Certificate in Information Systems Management Principles (CISMP) or equivalent formal certification
- ITIL Foundation or prepared to work towards it within 12 months
- Proven people and stakeholder management skills, allowing for communication of technical matters in a manner appropriate to the recipient
- The ability to see the corporate implications of actions and self-identification with the organisation. The reflection of STFC values in behaviour and attitude
- Experience in managing external relationships, including suppliers, to support high quality Information Security outcomes
- Knowledge of Information Security standards, legislation and practices, including GDPR & Data Protection act 2018
- Experience in the delivery, operation and improvement of Information Security in line with industry standards or frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27000
- Systems administration knowledge and experience for a diverse range of IT systems (both on-premise and cloud-based)
- Knowledge of a number of technical areas, such as anti-virus, networking, vulnerability management, encryption, Microsoft technologies, and Linux
- Incident management experience and an ability to quickly tailor responses to deal with fast-moving situations. Strong problem solving ability, with flexibility to think creatively and adapt to and implement rapidly changing systems and services.
What we Offer
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and aims to provide a pay and reward package that motivates staff to the best of their ability. The reward and benefit package includes a flexible working scheme, an excellent Defined Benefit pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board and search for the role that is of interest to you.
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2021.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'