We're Together, a mortgage and secured loan provider based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years, we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
Our team turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers’ financial ambitions accessible. We try to approach everything we do with good old-fashioned common sense. But in many respects we’re a lot like a start-up: growing fast, and shaking up the status quo.
Due to an ever increasing workload, we have an immediate need for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join our IT function, based from our office in Cheadle.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, passionate IT Security Engineer to work directly with the Cyber Security Manager on cyber security at all levels.
This is a hands on technical role requiring a detailed understanding of evolving threat trends and the technical ability to implement, and configure existing security toolsets, and implement new security solutions.
The Security Engineer will work closely with next generation technologies utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Due to Covid19 restrictions, this role will likely begin with home working with interviews completed via Zoom or similar
- Review, assess, and mitigate penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on information systems and infrastructure
- Manage and assess external threat trends and environment remediation
- Develop, document and maintain security procedures
- Design, installation and support of security tools such as IPS/IDS, Splunk, Web & Email gateways - SPF, DKIM,& DMARC. Identity Management, Cloud Security, Checkpoint Firewalls, Darktrace
- Patching & Server Hardening
- Ensure audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements
- Creation, analysis and communication of security metrics to CTO
- Security incident response
- Research threats and vulnerabilities and where appropriate, take action to mitigate and remediate - threat hunting and malware analysis
- Act as a technical resource to departmental colleagues and business partners on IT security considerations
- Experience in IT security within a regulated industry
- Proven commercial experience in Splunk configuration & management
- Strong hands on knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, administration & design
- Bachelor's Degree In Information Technology, or similar, with emphasis on Cyber Security or CISSP, GCIA
- Proven ability to work under pressure in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Strong network security knowledge and hands on experience in Remote Access, VPN, DMZ architecture, Network Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, Server Security, Wireless Security, Vulnerability Scanning, Anti-malware and Anti-exploit management, and DLP
- Advanced knowledge of WAN/LAN & Ipv4/Ipv6 security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'