St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in shaping and delivering cyber security at St. James’s Place, through leading engineering projects, managing the existing tools and developing new capability.
You will be joining an exciting and growing area of the Technology Services division, and will be instrumental in supporting the operational security capabilities of the Cyber Security Team.
The Cyber Security Engineer will lead on new security deployments, as well as responsible for managing the existing tools and capabilities, working closely with our operational teams to manage upgrades, on-going maintenance and integration with other tools.
The role will require establishing relationships with key stakeholders in Risk and Technology Operations, as well as establishing yourself as a SME for security engineering within the Department. Due to the nature of the role there will also be some out of hours work expected.
- Manage our existing security toolset (end to end), including technologies for vulnerability management, privileged account management and security monitoring and alerting
- Lead cyber engineering projects, including the representation of designs at Technical Design form and ensure effective delivery of technical solutions
- Review products that can advance our security capabilities, such as tools that support analysis, to detection capabilities and other emerging technologies
- Develop integrations based on security analyst requirements, leveraging existing tools and information sources for threat detection and analysis
- Point of contact and expertise for projects, and other IT teams on security best practice, and day to day security engineering requirements.
Key skills and experience:
- Strong working knowledge of one or more SIEM/Data analysis platform.
- Python/Perl and/or Windows Scripting experience
- Strong working knowledge of IDS/IPS, Web Proxies, PAM, Vulnerability Management tools, AV and Email gateway technologies
- Experience in applying security best practices to end user devices (workstations) and hardening Servers
- Understanding of key windows domain services, such as Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server environments
- Self-motivated and ability to deliver operational solutions from broad objectives, with proven experience in leading engineering projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills, translating technical content to wide range of stakeholders. i.e. to explain the benefit of technology deployment
- Ability to work independently to delivery against personal and team objectives, liaising with relevant teams and expertise inside and outside of St. James’s Place to ensure the right result for the business.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working within Managed Security services environment or Security Consultancy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- Experience with Linux Server and Desktop environments (CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon)
- Solid network technology understanding and experience; LAN, TCP/IP, OSI Model, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, Routing, VPN, Firewalls, Load Balancing, IPv4
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the <span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style
- Computer Science
- Network Technology
- Penetration Testing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job