Job Title Cyber Security Assistant Manager
Grade Assistant Manager
Service Line Consulting
Reporting To Cyber Security Manager or Senior Manager
As a Cyber Security Assistant Manager, you will be managing some engagements and also leading aspects of more complex and large assurance or consulting work to a range of corporate, financial services, and public sector clients across London and South. Within the national Technology Solutions team, and reporting directly to the Cyber Security Manager or Senior Manager in London, you will be a technical specialist in Cyber Security.
The clients will range from public sector, SME’s, entrepreneurial and private clients, and larger organisations based both in the UK and internationally. Our vision is to be recognised as the trusted go-to partner for Cyber Security services.
• Delivery of services to clients ranging from Cyber Security testing (i.e. penetration testing, vulnerability assessments) to compliance checks against recognized frameworks (i.e. Cyber Essentials, UK 10 Steps to Cyber Security);
• Managing and controlling engagements from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales;
• Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time with the budget;
• Reviewing the work of team members and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage;
• Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the engagement;
• Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Ensuring that clients are billed according to agreed billing plans;
• Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work;
• Responding to the needs of clients and staff;
• Assisting with business development by working with colleagues in other Mazars offices and colleagues in other service lines;
• Showing vision, strategic perspective and focus on the achievement of longer term goals;
• Providing on-job training to assistants and seniors;
• Developing your technical knowledge and skills through training and/or by seeking project responsibilities to build expertise.
• Technical background through a degree/MSc in Information Security or Computer Science;
• Basic programming skills (any language);
• Exposition to penetration testing tools (i.e. the tools available on Kali Linux);
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques;
• Proven ability to identify and assess complex information protection risks and controls;
• Capacity to deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality;
• Preferably, recognised information security qualification (i.e. CREST/CISM/CISSP), or working towards this qualification;
• As the position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills required;
• A desire to help grow and develop the business and the team;
• An strong interest in practicing and learning more in the Information Security field;
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
• Ability to develop self and others in Cyber Security.
Diversity and Inclusion at Mazars
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people - we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement - not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"