An experienced Cyber Security Analyst is sought by a global leader in critical asset protection to join their team based in Basingstoke. The company provides a range of data, information and network security solutions to organisations worldwide.
As a Cyber Security Analyst (known formally within the business as Threat Response Analyst) you will be responsible for:
- Acknowledging and researching ALL Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behaviour Analytics (UEBA) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) alarms.
- Performing historical correlation analysis on incidents and events generated inside of the environments
- Following case development and escalation workflows when activity needs to be escalated to the client and providing ruling and alarm tuning recommendations to the SIEM engineering team and Client Service Manager
- Ensuring all tasks performed adhere to the company's ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
The successful Cyber Security Analyst will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of SIEM technology and functions of some security tools (IDS/IPS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience working with interpreting, tuning, searching and manipulating data within SIEM, UBEA, CASB or other related security tools
- Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, and Engineering or related field of study; or at least two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; at least 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience utilising the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model or other appropriate models
- Experience in gathering and managing threat intelligence
- Ability to present a recommended remediation strategy to client in professional format
- Knowledgeable and experienced using basic regular expressions
- Ability to fully utilise MS Office products required
The following skills and experience would be highly beneficial:
- Linux administration experience
- Windows administration experience
- Shell scripting experience e.g. BASH, CSH, KSH
- Experience using open source tools such as Remnux, Kali, VirusTotal, IPVoid, TCPdump MetaSploit, Wireshark, etc
- Certification: Security+, Network+, CEH or equivalent certification is desired but not required.
Cyber Security Analyst / SOC Analyst / Security Operations Centre Analyst / Threat Response Analyst
£30,000 - £60,000 depending on experience + benefits
- threat intelligence
- SIEM / UBEA / CASB
- log formats
- Cyber Kill Chain / Diamond Model
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'