Cyber Security - Network Security - CCNA - ITIL - City Centre
Your new company
My client is an exciting Scottish business who operate within the fast-growing Cyber Security sector. They specialise in providing Cyber Security services to the UK market, operating across most sectors but mainly investment banking, FSI's and Defence and Government. Due to our continued success and appetite for growth we are looking to recruit a pro-active Cyber Security Engineer, with a keen interest in security and a hunger to learn.
Your new role
This role is an excellent opportunity for career development and a step into a successful career within the cyber security sector.
- Providing incident management and response to our security operations center customers.
- Project engineer, either in the office or at the clients office.
- Good knowledge of current and emerging security technologies, legislation, governance, security risks and vulnerabilities
- Responding to and resolving or escalating reported security incidents
- Researching the impact of potential security risks, and how to mitigate this
- Collating security incident data to produce management reports
- Review and Reporting on a client's IT infrastructure, including:
- secure configuration (computers and network devices);
- user access control;
- malware protection;
- patch management.
- Provide support and assistance to clients to enable them to:
- Secure their Internet connection;
- Secure their devices and software;
- Control access to their data and services;
- Protect from viruses and other malware;
- Provide phone and remote support to clients
- Provide support and assistance to clients during the annual Cyber Essentials re-certification process.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 Highers or equivalent showing analytical capability, ideally including IT/Computing
- CCNA (Desirable)
- CCNP (Desirable)
- Proven experience of: Computer Networking, IT Support,
Microsoft Servers, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Endpoint Security, Software Development, Cyber Security
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to assimilate and present information in a written and oral manner
- IT literacy
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio, Project and Word (Desirable)
- High interest levels in cyber, security and data
- Exceptional communication skills: for business and technical audiences
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent influencing skills
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for the right person to move into a cyber security centric organisation, where you won't just be a function, you'll be actively involved in the business. Opportunity for the right person to be made permanent as well and the role is based in the city centre.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job