Cyber Security Analyst / Events Analyst
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for Cyber Security Analysts to join our specialist team working for large government organisations based across Belgium, Luxembourg or London
You will be responsible for all security incidents, incident response, Intrusion detection/IDS analysis, threats and tracking vulnerabilities of the infrastructure. The Security Analyst is a technical engineer with an advanced security track record and a proven experience with the management of security incidents.
This person would work in a security operating centre during the business hours and will spend his/her time doing the following activities:
* looking at the security dashboard of the "Security Incident & Event Management"
* Provide COMPUSEC vulnerability assessment services
* Perform Pen Tests (desirable)
* Support standards and best practice
* Have the ability to analyse and interpret effectively the information provided by multiple sources, including Firewalls, routers, Syslog, Host and Network based IDS/IPS and Anti Virus.
* Dig into the incident to find the root cause
* Be able to analyse the packet capture to understand what is going on
* Have advanced knowledge about the functioning of a firewall, a network intrusion prevention system, a host intrusion prevention system, windows & Unix operating system specificity's
* Have a thorough working knowledge of TCPIP and have the ability to analyse PCAP or packet capture files.
* CEH (certified ethical hacker)
* CSA (certified security analyst)
* Sans GIAC
* CISSPm Arcsight, HIDS, NIDS
The Analyst will have to work in a highly confidential and closed environment. Must hold, or be suitable to hold, a valid SC/DV or NATO Secret/CTS security clearance.
To note depending on experience and level with in the team rate's will vary per level. These are long term assignments rolling yearly.
If you are not available now please register you interest if you're interested in these requirements in the future, they are on going and happy to forward plan over the duration of the contract.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser:
- security operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'