A global pharmaceutical business need a Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist. Applicants need global logistics, AEO or trade compliance expertise within; a pharmaceutical, food, GMP or regulated environment.
The Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert for this manufacturing facility, in regards to customs and trade compliance issues. This manufacturing facility export pharmaceutical, cold chain and temperature controlled products, globally. The Customs & Trade Compliance will also offer leadership to a small team of import, export and shipping clerks. An important element of the role will be supporting the site through application of the AEO process.
Specific duties of the Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist include:
- Ownership of site relationship with HMRC, and ensure adherence to HMRC processes
- Lead internal training in regards to HMRC, AEO and international trading regulations/processes
- Responsible for ensuring the site complies with HMRC and international trading regulations
- Have ownership over data held on duty management system (tariffs, customs entries etc.)
- Contribute to the management and selection of logistics partners
- Engage with senior stakeholders in pursuit of AEO accreditation
- Be a subject matter expert on all customs, trade compliance and cold chain shipping activities
Applicants to the Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of ensuring compliance with HMRC, and international trading regulations
- Experience of overseeing global shipping and logistics activities
- An understanding of compliance issues related to AEO
- Trade and Customs Compliance experience within; food, pharmaceutical, GMP, chemical or regulated business
- Experience with cold chain shipping activities, or temperature controlled products - desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Trade Compliance
- Customs Compliance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job