Customs Dispute Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for a customs dispute coordinator to join the busy customs clearance and disputes team of a national logistics company in Coventry. Due to the lack of certainty around Brexit this role will be pivotal in supporting the existing team to deal with customs disputes.
- To handle post clearance customs import queries.
- Support, educate, update, resolve and direct queries in relation to HMR & customs duty & taxes
- Ensure decisions are made in the best interests of the customer and the company whilst limiting financial and legal exposure.
- To hit agreed KPI and feedback internally on business improvement opportunities
- Make decisions based on clearly defined criteria and escalate others as appropriate to senior members.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with defined company processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements.
- Ensure required approvals are sought throughout processes, notifying management of any non-compliance issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the team and other departments to ensure accuracy of information and completion of processes to deadline
- Stay in contact with customers, vendors or employees, to investigate or resolve issues as required
- Uses appropriate communication methods to understand and share information with customers, team members and other departments.
- Knowledge of customs regulations a process is essential due to the complex nature of the role
- Ability to plan and organise your own work to ensure KPI's and deadlines are met
- Ability to follow defined steps within a process
- Good customer orientation with the ability to understand and translate requirements into focused solutions
- Basic persuasion and influencing skills
- Basic analytic and problem solving skills with the ability to evaluate and interpret procedures/requirements and determine the correct action
- Good judgement and reasoning skills
- Salary £10.77 - £11.79
- Possible work from home opportunity
- Central location great transport links
If you think this is the role for you click to apply!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'