A Multi-National Global Logistics Provider, offering import and export freight forwarding and logistics solutions via air, sea and road, is recruiting for a Customs Clearance Clerk to be based at offices near London Heathrow airport.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Ensure the proper and timely movement and customs clearance of freight, while providing exceptional customer service to client base.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Ensure smooth and timely customs clearance process flow
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs DLSOP (Desk Level Standard Operating Procedure) and correctly interpret this information to fulfil our customers’ instructions and expectations
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system
- Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority
- Track and trace Customs files
- Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during the clearing process.
- Attend any customs inspections or present documents to customs authorities when such are requested
- Act as the liaison between the customs authorities (or other government agencies and customers)
- Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for Import and Export shipments
- Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with customs officers
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations
- This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations (eg. AEO) or customer policies / requirements
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods
- This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods
To Be Considered;
- Proven experience with customs clearance / compliance
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience wtih customs systems
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Import Export
- International Logistics
- Freight Forwarding
- Customs Brokerage
- Customs Regulations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'