A highly regarded Multi-National Global Logistics Provider offering a number of specialist import and export services via air, sea and road is recruiting for a Customs Clearance Clerk to be based at offices in Central Essex.
The Customs Clearance Clerk will work closely with the Customs and Operational teams.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Provide full administrative support to the Customs Department and in addition offer further administrative support to other operational departments as required. To supply a high level of service to both internal staff and clients alike when completing import custom’s formalities.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Complete day to day customs clearance activities as instructed
- Advise Manager of any areas requiring attention
- Identify any potential problem areas before they have an adverse effect on operations
- Develop constructive relationships with operational staff and clients where appropriate
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- Creating and amending ERTS manifests
- Keep operational staff fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment
- General administrative duties for other departments when requested/time permits
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
To Be Considered;
- You will be fully conversant with customs clearance
- Possess excellent communication skills
- An opportunity to join a growing Multi-National organisation
- Become part of a supportive and successful team
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
For full details please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding
- Customs Brokerage
- Customs Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job