The Finance team manages the financial accounting and reporting for Exertis (UK) Ltd. The team are focused on providing support to all areas of the business with an inquisitive, positive and control conscious approach.
The tax team are responsible for Exertis' compliance, planning and appropriately accounting of tax. Keeping up to date with the working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, the team provide essential support and guidance to the business on how to operate, plan for the future and ensure that all statutory obligations are met.
- Managing the Import Clearance Process for the UK business, including the completion of pre and post import checks and maintenance of the customs clearance log to ensure that all Clearances are completed accurately on time
- Liaising with HMRC and Freight Forwarders regarding the import clearance process.
- Supporting the UK business through the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation process, including preparation for HMRC's validation visit and ongoing Customs compliance
- Providing support to the Tax Manager with Tariff Classification and International Supply chain queries, in respect of VAT and Customs Duties
- Preparation of Intrastat and EC Sales Lists returns for the UK business
- Assisting with the preparation of the UK and EU VAT compliance obligations
- Preparation of UK VAT and Customs Duties reconciliations
- Supporting the business with its Brexit preparations
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures through continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
Note: this job description is designed as a general outline of the main duties and responsibilities associated with the post but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
- Keen to learn and expand knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Ability to take ownership and work under pressure
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of VAT and Customs Duties or experience in Imports/Exports would be good but not essential. Training will be provided
- Highly PC literate - particularly Excel
- High attention to detail
- Organised self-starter with ability to plan & prioritise one's own workload
- Will take ownership where necessary and proactively work with the tax manager to resolve issues
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic with a "can do" mentality
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Experience of using an integrated ERP system, Oracle/SAP
- This role does support the opportunity to study for either an accountancy or tax qualification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'