Customs and Compliance Manager
REED Business Support are actively recruiting for a Customs and Compliance Manager to join a fantastic business on a 6-month contract initially.
- Overall customs ownership of trade & compliance activities across EMEA
- Management of the Customs & Compliance team made up of Customs & Compliance Controllers
- Pre / Post-Brexit processes defined, documented and implemented across internal and external stakeholders
- Define and inform preferential origin status of all GPN produced finished goods against the tariff heading rules, and validating supplier and co-man produced materials
- Track and adhere to specific import requirements across all EU and UK BCPs
- Achieve and maintain 100% compliance in all regulatory activities
- All products registered under the correct tariff headings and codes
- Full accuracy on all export paperwork
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a regulatory compliance role
- Background / previous experience within the Logistics and or Transport Industry.
- Knowledge of Customs & Excise import/export processes & procedures, and rules of origin
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Monitoring & monthly reconciliation of duty deferment accounts and providing back-up documentation to Group Tax / Finance as required
- Oversee and audit clearance instructions provided by C&C team to UK and EU customs brokers ensuring correct classification, EORI, origin, values are declared
- Support the UK customer market requests for Technical information required under GEFS Scheme and Private Attestation EU regulations
- Working closely with GPN European Customs brokers to ensure that all raw materials, ingredients and finished goods are correctly classified for import duty & VAT
- Manage the day-to-day import requirements / relationship with our Brokers / Port Health & Customs
- Manage costs for all suppliers involved in Compliance activities
- Ability to deal at all levels both internally and externally to ensure import entry accuracy, timely clearance and delivery
- Develop the registration, import/export process requirements for all the international territories by adhering with the relevant importing authorities' food laws and regulations to facilitate the export of food products
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local authorities and representatives in all international territories to ensure successful importation and smooth supply of product
- Develop robust processes for the application of import/ export licenses along with all other forms of export paperwork
- Plan and manage the daily weekly UK Transport requirements to export markets
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'