Do you have Customs Clearance experience and knowledge of Ocean and Road Freight Imports and Exports ? Then please read on. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the timely Import and Export clearance of goods for clients, ensuring compliance with Government and regulatory bodies at all times. Supporting customers by submitting necessary applications to the relevant authorities to enable their goods to meet legislative requirements in areas such as Plant Health declarations, Organic notifications and IPAFFS. Assisting colleagues and customers on regulatory and customs related matters through provision of regular updates and query resolution.
- Liaising with importers, exporters and other applicable parties to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries, ensuring all appropriate paperwork for each consignment is received to enable customs entries and clearance checks to be completed in a timely manner
- Completing relevant HMRC declarations and other agency applications for import and exports, ensuring all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- Interacting with customs authorities and other Government agencies to address any queries or issues which may arise during customs clearance
- Liaising with customers, ensuring they are kept informed of clearance status of consignments and resolving any customer queries that arise
- Supporting other team members in understanding issues and potential solutions
- Handling enquiries from colleagues & customers relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications & Regulatory Requirements, Duty Rates and Documentation Requirements
- Regularly updating self, colleagues and customers of any HMRC and Government Agency regulations and changes
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of ocean and road freight imports and exports;
- Proven capability of dealing with customs procedure codes and specialist customs procedures, including CFSP and Transit;
- Understanding of controlled goods or goods subject to sanitary and phytosanitary controls;
- High levels of attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to build good working relationships with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands, using initiative to prioritise tasks and workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to think quickly;
- Proactive, a self-starter who gets things done with minimum supervision and can execute in a fast-paced environment;
Key performance indicators:
- HMRC compliance
- Timely completion and accuracy of HMRC and agency declarations
- Communications and relationships with customers and colleagues
- Compliance with company processes and procedures
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'