With more than 29,098 employees and 396 locations at home and abroad, we are one of Europe's largest logistics service providers. Our growth in the global logistics market place has been made possible through our prompt reaction to market changes, a uniform business strategy and, in particular, the dedication and experience of our employees.
We are looking for a Customs Administrator to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures for Customs and AEO processes within our Dartford branch
Primary purpose of the role:
To ensure compliance with standard operating procedures for Customs and AEO processes and activities by direct liaison with the Dachser UK Customs Coordinator, the relevant staff involved with Customs and AEO and Customs processes in each department as well as our customers and service partners.
- Checking and ensuring that we have obtained, prior to shipping, and periodically renewed Customs Representation Authority from customers with all relevant information including, but not limited to, EORI, commodity codes, TARIC’s, Customs procedure codes and formalities.
- Ensuring our compliance with standard operating procedures for Customs and AEO processes
- Direct liaison with our UK Customs and AEO central coordinator as well as Customs authorities (HMRC) and other agencies as and when necessary
- Sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered as well as locate discrepancies and contact customers for amendments.
- Input entries into customs software in a timely manner
Who are you?
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- EU Customs regulations and UK Specificities
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of and familiarity with UK CHIEF system and proprietary software systems in relation to processing declarations for goods entering and leaving the UK or EU through ports and airports, and processing Customs information electronically
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs and Datafreight
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Working hours: 0830 - 1730 hrs Monday to Friday
- 27 days' holiday, plus bank holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- High street discount platform
- Freight Forwarding
- HMRC enquiries
- Customs Regulations
- Customs entries
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'