Job Title: Customs Administrator
Salary: Circa £22k -£25k, dependent on experience
Position: Full Time, Mon- Fri
The company's pioneering Customs duty management systems have led the way for over 30 years, helping importers and exporters throughout Britain and Europe to increase efficiency, improve cash flow and reduce costs.
To assist the Customs Consultant during the Ricardo software implementation phase, particularly in respect of submission of client applications for HMRC authorisations.
- Assist in the preparation of client application forms for HMRC Customs authorisation(s) to operate Customs Freight Simplified Procedures and associated duty relief processes
- Develop an understanding of each client's needs and requirements in terms of Customs processes
- Communicate directly with HMRC and clients on queries relating to application documents
- Support clients in the preparation of their Customs Procedures manuals
- Maintain a record of all time spent supporting each client's application process
- Attend meetings at clients' premises as required (usually accompanied by the Customs Consultant)
- Liaise with the Client Support Team as necessary to achieve a seamless implementation process for the clients
- Ensure all communications are documented in line with Company procedures
The successful Customs Administrator will need:
- A highly organised approach to work and strong administration skills
- Client facing activity experience
- IT competence
- Great communication skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Effective time management skills
- A willingness to learn and progress
Some understanding of UK Customs import/export operations and duty tax reliefs would be an advantage, as would a full EU driving license.
What the Company Offers:
- Annual Bonus scheme (discretionary, based on individual and company performance)
- Holiday entitlement: 4 weeks pa, increasing to max 5 working weeks; English public holidays; your birthday off if it falls on a working day
- Participation in Group Personal Pension Plan on joining (3% EE/3% ER contribution)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter (stating your current salary) for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Customs Support Assistant, Customs Support, Customs Administrator, Customs Assistant, HMRC Customs Administrator, Client Support, Customs Assistant, Customer Support, Export Co-ordinator, Freight Coordinator, Export & Import, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Freight Forwarding, Logistics, Transport, Logistics Coordinator, Customs Administrator, Logistics Assistant, Transport Administrator, Support Administrator, Transport Support Administrator, Supply Chain Administrator, Resource Clerk, Customer Service Assistant, Client Service Administrator, Customer Support executive, Customer Service Executive will also be considered for this role.
- Client Support
- Customs Administrator
- Customs Support Assistant
- Customs Support
- Customs Assistant
- HMRC Customs Administrator