We have an excellent opportunity to join our medium sized IT company based in Stamford, they are looking for a friendly professional individual full of verve and enthusiasm to join their busy Customer Support team. The ideal candidate will have worked in previous IT Helpdesk or similar role.
Our client is an established and expanding company that pride themselves on offering progression opportunities within the company. They are offering a competitive salary plus company benefits including free parking and on-going training and development.
Job Purpose: Offer telephone/helpdesk support and provide excellent, consistent and professional levels of service to their customers and all aspects of the business
Main Responsibilities: General administration, including:-
- Responsible for the customer support on the clients systems.
- Remotely connecting to customer sites to repair problems.
- Telephone customers and talk through certain functions, and explain the causes and solutions to the problems.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and databases would be useful but not as essential as a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Understanding the operation of our bespoke software systems.
- You will need to learn our applications and to seek ways to improve the reliability and performance of the systems .
The successful candidate will be/have:-
- Professional, in manner and approach.
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written and listening skills)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic, requires high standards of self-discipline, able to be flexible in order to get the job done, able to work under pressure when deadlines approach
- Excellent organisation skills, including time management, prioritisation of tasks and self motivation
- Think creatively and make suggestions
- Excellent IT literacy.
- Strong team values
- Hard working and committed.
Starting salary: £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience. Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday at their Stamford office inclusive with one hour for lunch.
25 working days holiday, plus statutory Life Assurance Scheme - 4 x annual salary Group Personal Pension Plan - contributory from both parties
- Communication Skills
- IT skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job