We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Customer Support Technician that would provide a first line service support to our customers experiencing technical issues at their site via phone and email.
The successful candidate will have good diagnostic / fault-finding skills that will aid problem identification and subsequently aid the repair and restoration of their service as well as excellent communication skills
Working as the Customer Support Technician you will provide efficient and effective general technical support to our customer on music, webcast and visual providing a quality service ensuring that all sites are fully functional in accordance with the required company standards. Part of the role will mean visiting the sites for a manual fix rather than a virtual fix so a driving licence will be essential.
Additionally, it is important that you understand the need for flexibility and to take on duties that may be deemed part of the role as part of a developing business with a national client base.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Customer Support Technician
- Diagnose and repair technical problems through phone support and in-house systems
- Review and track customer assets and identifying any potential problems in advance.
- Oversee live service quality on pre-booked customer orders.
- Able to create, own and work to a pro-active and responsive service schedule with a UK wide remit and potentially UK travel on a monthly / fortnightly basis to deliver an on-site service.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing of systems, and ensure installations are to company standards
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with customer standards, and follows safety requirements
- Able to work alone to find and present faults and initial concerns in systems without receiving explicit direction, as well as issue rectification where possible.
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions and demonstrate an appreciation of a sensitive onsite environment.
- Provide assessments and advice for customers and lease with the operations department on actions undertaken
- Fixing Faults and conduct equipment servicing on site or arranging replacement equipment
- Clearly Working with the Company’s Project Teams to assist in service improvements.
- Liaising with business customers to provide a quality service and build lasting relationships whilst representing the organisation to a professional standard and be a brand advocate
- General internal support in other business areas when working from the Sheffield Head Office site.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and working within a larger team
- A strong capability of identifying and completing potential problems
- Working on several tasks at any one time with a view to maintaining a quality
- Knowledge of safe working practices and a safe operation of basic hand tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT knowledge with a basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Customer Service
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job