Customer Support Technician - Hull
Great Opportunity For Customer Support Engineer (Hull)
Here at RM we have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Engineer. The role will be based in Hull and salary will be commensurate with experience up to £18,000 with a great range of additional benefits and a realistic bonus.
The Support Engineer is vital to the success of our Service business. In this role you would be predominantly based on one school site but will occasionally be required to travel to attend team meetings and provide additional support at other local sites.
The role is very autonomous with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving/network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI's and SLAs.
In addition to your technical work we would expect you to provide advice and coaching to our customers to ensure that they feel confident and comfortable using the technology resources available, putting them to their best use to deliver fantastic teaching and learning experiences for them and their students. Above all, you would be the face of RM Education.
- Day to Day Service Delivery
- Management of single and multi-server networks installed at various customer sites throughout the UK.
- Respond to incidents logged by the customer.
- Management of problems to resolution for any network or equipment failures, including and not restricted to: software, hardware and infrastructure problems as defined by the service level agreement. This will include computers, servers, peripherals and Cloud based applications.
- Ensure that all systems, change request forms, service call etc., used to carry out work activities are updated on a real time basis including the completion of detailed and accurate call notes.
- Manage day-to-day tasks, time and responsibilities to ensure that service levels are achieved; proactive maintenance and change implementation objectives are met.
- Maintain a professional and effective working relationship with customers and work colleagues at all levels and at all times.
- Know and understand the Service Delivery targets for each contract and be proactive in ensuring that these are achieved.
- Provide insight to Service Account Manager and Support Consultant.
- Proactive Maintenance
- Proactively investigate elements of the network that are not covered by automated proactive monitoring.
- Maintenance of technical documentation.
- Change Implementation
- Carry out actions as a result of tactical and strategic change requests made by the customer.
- Proactively seek out changes that will add value for the customer.
- Ensure that service levels are maintained throughout any changes.
- Be aware of changes that may impact customers and other teams ensuring that they are kept up to date whilst highlighting any alterations to working practices etc that may be required.
- Process Improvement
- Create, drive and see through to completion improvements to ensure that customer service is delivered in the most efficient and dynamic way.
- Actively participate in team process improvement, process implementation and document requirements for new and existing services.
Skills & Experience
We're looking for someone who has:
- Strong multitasking and problem solving abilities. Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, face to face and other remote access methods.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Customer focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Flexibility to visit other schools within a region as and when required
- Experience of problem solving within a technical environment.
- A native aptitude for technology.
- Ability to work your way around a problem, finding a solution where others fail.
- An engaging personality that easily builds relationships and instils confidence
Look at the benefits you will be entitled to when you join!
Our competitive core benefits package includes 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days), a Performance Related Bonus Scheme, membership of our Group Personal Pension (Pension Quality Mark approved) with higher contribution levels available from the Company if you choose to contribute more, Private Medical Healthcare, Income Protection, Life Assurance (4 times salary) and enhanced family leave.
We also offer voluntary benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Family Private Medical Healthcare, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Critical Illness Cover, Health Assessments (cost deducted over 12 months), Give as You Earn and an Employee Referral Scheme.
At RM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.More Information
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'