Customer Support Engineer
Mediator Customer Support Engineer
Mediator is the next generation of Media Asset Management for the Broadcast Industry. An enterprise class solution designed to operate on private or public cloud infrastructure as well as on dedicated hardware.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic & self-motivated individuals to join our growing Media Asset Management Support team based in Reading, Berkshire. We are looking for applicants with a genuine passion for the latest cutting-edge IT based technologies, someone who is technically driven and adapt to problem solving within an IT, data flow and database environment.
The Mediator support team delivers 24/7 first and second line support for the Media Asset Management solution, Mediator, and its associated hardware. The role of the support engineer is diverse with a new challenge each day.
- Working as a team to provide remote support to investigate, analyse, debug and resolve system issues.
- Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of the Mediator system.
- Planning and handling relevant upgrades and bug fixes to client systems
- Escalating third line support issues to tier 3
- Reporting progress and issues to internal stakeholders.
- Assisting with testing the system to ensure an agreed specification is met
- Gathering data and reporting back to the development department for resolution.
- Documenting the system to ensure future supportability
- Occasional travel to local client sites in the UK and overseas
- Working knowledge of Linux Systems administrations and command line.
- IT support experience e.g. fault finding, problem solving, reporting, escalation.
- IT and Networking Skills with network system administration in Linux and Windows platforms.
- Excellent Communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated team member.
- Web servers such as JBOSS
- Relational databases e.g. Oracle, MySQL.
- Application integration with business systems e.g. XML interchange formats, IBMS.
- Server hardware such as HP.
- Basic understanding of computer virtualization technologies
- Digital video and audio compression standards and file types.
- Media assets management and workflow integration.
- Automation and device control (GIT).
- Customer Service
- Customer Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job