Customer Support Engineer - CDN Organisation
A leading content delivery (CDN) organisation based in the City of London are looking to recruit a 'Customer Support Engineer'.
You MUST have a technical related degree (Computer Science preferred) and over 3 years experience in a 'Technical Support' role. You MUST also have experience of a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
The role is paying £40-45K
The role incorporates the following -
- Serve as primary point of contact for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving CDN issues affecting mission-critical production customer traffic.
- Solve complex issues related to various components of the global CDN infrastructure.
- Create and document system processes and tasks related to keeping the network up and performing optimally.
- Perform daily Systems Administration tasks to keeping the network up and performing optimally.
- Provide notification to customers in the event of CDN infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with network engineers, systems administrators and software engineers regarding technology and hardware upgrades for the CDN infrastructure.
- External SLA management.
You MUST have the following skills / qualifications -
- BS Degree in a technical field (Computer Science preferred).
- Minimum 5+ years of experiencing working in a Technical Support/NOC role (Help Desk experience acceptable, though some customer-facing experience is required).
- Must have System Administration experience; this is important because individuals will need to log into Linux servers and troubleshoot and isolate problems, and resolve a high percentage of the issues themselves.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and thoroughly in order to quickly and accurately convey complex information regarding mission-critical production issues to varying audiences.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
- High-bandwidth, self-motivated self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
- Must be technically "savvy" and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in HTTP, Web applications, Web Performance and Content Delivery applications
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"