Job reference number 88605
Customer Solutions Analyst
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
To respond to the needs of our customers, ensuring that they have efficient and effective connections with RMG systems to support their business with RMG.
- Work within the identification and implementation of customer solutions integration projects with customers on behalf of RMG
- Provide effective consultancy for customers in order to agree a suitable customer solution
- Report & manage customer solutions – including all communications with external & internal stakeholders
- Maintain effective documentation to allow ongoing support to be provided by the customer solutions team
- Support existing customers and review options for enhancements / changes / alternatives solution offerings
- Ensure effective liaison and relationship management with the sales teams – allowing identification of customer opportunities that would benefit from IT engagement and ongoing consultancy to maximise customer processes/IT solutions
- Work effectively within a team of Customer Solutions analysts to ensure customer satisfaction by delivering systems on time to meet business deadline and provide professional support as required
- Input to key IT customer solutions initiatives as required for new and innovate solutions
- Actively contribute to allow customer solutions innovation through technology as a key factor
- Ability to work in high-pressure role with committed deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple customer solutions at the same time
- Ability to focus and take ownership to ensure delivery of key IT solutions in the customer solutions area
- Please note – for this role, you will be required to participate in the “Out of hours” Support Rota to respond to urgent customer issues. Depending on team size, you may be on call approximately 1 week out of 6, but the volume of calls is expected to be low – maybe 2 or 3 calls a week.
- Proven track record in working with external customers to deliver excellent service
- In depth and expert knowledge of the parcels and express marketplace
- Detailed understanding of models of customer solutions in the parcels and express marketplace
- Significant experience within the operational, sales & commercial aspect of parcels and express marketplace
- Experience of process, data mapping, analysis, file transfer protocols, security concepts, interface definition, package configuration, statistical analysis, functional testing, problem analysis/resolution, benefits evaluation
- Sound working knowledge of web services
- Formal training analysis and consultancy preferred (or proven business experience)
- Experience of influencing individuals and teams
- Experience of warehouse, depot and call centre processes preferred
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
Statistics, Relationship Manager, Call Center, Data, Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job