Working as part of a small team, our Customer Service & Sales Advisors get involved in every aspect of the daily operation of the business.
• Dealing effectively with enquiries and communicating confidently in person, by phone and by email.
• Following an established set of sales processes and follow up procedures.
• Gaining a good understanding of customer types and usual scenarios they may be in, and matching products and solutions to their needs.
• Becoming an expert in storage - being able to offer help and advice to a variety of customer types.
• Developing solid business to business relationships with suppliers and local complimentary businesses.
• Logging information about customers and enquiries within the management database.
• Completing customer paperwork to agreed standards and clearly explaining the details of contracts to customers.
• Ensuring the store is always well presented, the sales area is well stocked and that all customers are made to feel welcome in the store.
• Ensuring site facilities, including security systems are well maintained and correctly utilised, in accordance with company procedures.
• Processing one-off sales of packaging material and other goods, upselling where possible.
• Processing payments by card & cash, daily reconciling of sales.
• Other ad-hoc roles as necessary to ensure the store is always running as well as it can.
• You will need to be a confident and effective communicator in person and on the phone.
Able to understand and listen to a customer’s needs whilst also directing the conversation to offer a solution that both you and the customer believe in, and closing the sale.
• Sales motivated and targets focussed without losing sight of great customer care.
• You should be practically minded and have an understanding of the optimum utilisation of space - space is what we sell after all!
• Great team players/collaborative workers who seek the good of the business and the success of the team effort over personal gain.
• Able to follow established procedures and having good attention to detail to ensure paperwork is completed correctly and data is recorded as it should be.
• Self motivated and good at managing your own time. You will be expected to get involved in all aspects of the business. This does involve some manual handing and light cleaning duties to keep the site looking great, so you should be fit, healthy, ready, willing and able!
• There will be times where you are the only member of staff on duty, so you must be responsible, confident and mature in your approach; able to respond appropriately to situations which arise.
• Keen to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be open to ongoing discussions and reviews of personal and store performance.
• Equally, happy to realise your own limitations and seek advice and support as appropriate from colleagues.
• Likewise you will be willing and able to make constructive comments and suggestions to management based on your own experiences and those of your customers.
We will work with the successful applicants to give all of the training and support needed to succeed with us, both initially and in the future. There are however certain attributes we are keen to see in our candidates which, in our experience, makes them more likely to succeed with us.
• Ideally you will have experience in a sales or customer service background. Even better if that has included a good amount of phone based communication.
• Experience of following set procedures and ensuring that agreed processes are adhered to.
• You should have had to think on your feet, dealing with different situations professionally and efficiently.
• A good level of general education is essential including maths and English
• A good level of computer literacy is essential. It is unlikely that applicants will have any knowledge of the management software we use, in which full training and support will be given.
• Successful applicants will be awarded an annual salary in the region of £18,000. In addition, staff receive quarterly bonuses dependent on store performance which give a realistic OTE of £21,000
• All staff are on an initial three month probationary period, after which they become eligible for inclusion in our pension scheme.
• Company branded shirts, jumpers and jackets will be provided.