Customer Services Representative
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team in this busy and varied Customer Service role which is key to the smooth running of the Company's UK office.
The main duties of this role will be to:
- Answer incoming calls and e-mails from distributors, field sales and end users.
- Respond to customer questions regarding product application, customer order status, product pricing and delivery.
- Respond to expedite requests and customer complaints.
- Act as liaison between the customer and various internal departments and contract manufacturers.
- Maintain appropriate reference materials. Provide Company literature as requested.
- Have responsibility for using automated capacity schedules from various manufacturing sites to schedule customer orders.
- Produce quotations using Quote Module and Excel. Input customer orders into ERP system.
- Maintain quotation register and open order report.
- Work closely with Technical Support to ensure the customer receives appropriate information.
- Maintain close working relationships with distributors and sales managers.
- Proactively attain customer and market knowledge to ensure commercial expertise is up to date and utilized consistently and effectively to gain a competitive edge.
- Work closely with the Company's European Team to achieve both Quarterly and Annual Sales targets - Team & Results orientated!
The post holder will be expected to:
- Respond appropriately to customer questions and requests while maintaining a courteous and professional image on calls. Promptly and efficiently correspond via email in a professional manner utilizing Company email guidelines. Refer qualified end user leads to distributors and sales managers.
- Visit customer offices and UK Sales locations when requested.
- Be responsible for providing availability and pricing for various customer types.
- Verify pricing, quote pricing, minimum order quantities and terms of order entry. Reference quote numbers on sales orders. Work with various Company personnel, as well as distributors, to get expired quotes updated and new part numbers added to existing quotes.
- Acquire application knowledge for all Company products, including new products. Develop and maintain knowledge base of end user applications. Participate in product training and complete the Company's On-Demand training test for each segment covered. Organize and maintain catalog and product information sheets for quick reference. Forward information regarding custom application requirements to technical support team. Send part number set-up requests to custom product engineering team.
- Organize and maintain distributor contact information. Develop and promote strong partnership with assigned accounts. In a back-up role, performs all functions for secondary accounts. Provide order entry assistance, quotation support and office management duties to other CSR's, as required.
- Utilize ERP system to process orders including, custom part orders, order changes, order cancellations, credits, debits, stock rotations, expedite requests and complaints in accordance with ISO procedures, guidelines, and work instructions. Run daily sales audit and verifies pricing and total accuracy of order.
- Collaborate as necessary, with multi-site departments and contractor manufacturers to expedite orders and resolve customer issues. Document customer complaints and follow up.
- Be responsible for scheduling orders to provide the best lead-time and minimize freight cost. Upon request, provides weights and dimensions.
- Coordinate freight consolidation at one single shipping location.
- Provide commercial invoices, tariff codes, weights/dimensions, letters of compliance and other necessary documentation for international order processing.
- Assist customers with online e-catalog and configurator as required. Utilize configurator for cabinet pricing.
- Be capable of providing order entry assistance and quotations to support other CSR's.
- Provide support to "in country" Regional Sales Director for Europe.
- Participate on International conference calls and meetings.
- Interact with both domestic and international contract manufacturers.
- Be responsible for researching writing, and inputting credits and debits for assigned accounts. As required, processes scrap allowances in lieu of stock rotation.
- Interface with the Company's Operations Team, customs brokers and freight forwarder agents to clear shipments.
- Comply with Company safety rules and regulations. Report accidents or near misses immediately to team leader or supervisor. Take a proactive approach to identify and eliminate safety hazards. Attend safety meetings and/or training programs.
- Participate in trade shows as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management from time to time.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job