Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord’s Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer’s Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We’re proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
If you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We are currently looking to recruit 3 full time Customer Service Representatives to join our Contact Centre on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work 35 hours on a shift pattern between the hours of 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 1pm on Saturday.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Contribute to maintaining an excellent and effective team through high standards of personal performance
- Handle calls from both customers and brokers
- Handle calls forwarded from other teams
- To use the most effective form of communication to satisfy our customers’ needs
- Referral of complex queries to team leader
- Take a pro-active approach to customer retention through the use of excellent communication and questioning skills
- Maintain a sound understanding of Paymentshield products and services
- Commit to taking on new skills and utilise existing skills as required by the business
- To work cooperatively within a team of peers ensuring that there is open and effective communication at all times
- Ensure that you appear and also conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times with customers and all colleagues
- Any other duties as required by the management team to ensure our customers receive excellent service
- Awareness and adherence to published business processes
- You will be able demonstrate a set of skills that meet the requirements of our Customer Service Representatives, which include:
able to demonstrate positional trust to complete tasks checking their own quality and accuracy, returns calls, communicates openly and clearly and can record information in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
To be able to notice interpret and anticipate others concerns and feelings.
The ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients
demonstrating attention to detail, consistently working towards published service levels and targets.
Striving to ensure we’re always finding ways to work faster and smarter.
Able to demonstrate the ability to independently manage and complete tasks without intervention (other than seeking clarification or technical input) and to demonstrate self-motivation at all times
- able to quickly identify and acknowledge issues, attempting to resolve them straightaway.
has the ability to explain to customers the options that may be available demonstrating patience and understanding when dealing with demanding customers.
Able to anticipate customer requirements by taking the initiative in "complex" communications.
- To have a fantastic telephone manner.
Working With Others
- Awareness of work loads and flexibility around approach to tasks. Being prepared to assist other team members where needed
- The ability to recognise where peaks and troughs in work are and respond quickly to these needs
What can you expect?
We promote great working environment and are based in state of the art building at Southport Business Park with many long term loyal members of staff.
All of our staff are entitled to a number of benefits. These include:
26 Days holiday
Cycle to Work Scheme
Death in Service benefit (x4 basic salary)
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job