Customer Services Operator
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Services Operator at one of our offices in Birmingham to join our hugely successful market leading international road logistics team. Due to continued growth and investment we are recruiting for a Customer Services Operator who will be the main point of contact and also responsible for providing high levels of customer service to key external clients as well as providing support to the internal sales team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Account Managers helping with day to day duties
- Provide operational support for the Account Managers when required and also take responsibility of customer accounts in absence of Account Managers.
- Heavily customer focussed and will require constant communication with a variety of key clients through various forms of communication methods.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo.
- To efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system.
- Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Account Manager is updated.
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch.
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained.
- Process import and export bookings received from customers and branches and coordinate these consignments with our partners.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Excellent Communication skills - Verbal, Written and Telephone Skills
- Previous experience in a customer services or customer facing role is advantageous
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer Literate and able to adapt to in house systems
- Educated to GCSE Level in Math's and English
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
- Customer Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job