Our client is one of the largest broad based manufacturers of their products worldwide. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Services (Shipping and Export) Administrator to join their team in based in Stone to provide a high quality service to their customers.
To provide efficient and comprehensive shipping administration for products shipped from the UK to our global customer base. To arrange picking of orders and physical shipping of these, including liaising with customers and forwarders and preparation of relevant documentation.
To liaise with customers/potential customers re products, pricing, deliveries, complaints and problems. To rectify and provide help and information to the delight of the customer. To promote, strengthen and enhance the Company image.
- To liaise with the Distribution Centre to pick and pack orders to meet customer requirements.
- To negotiate freight costs and book freight forwarders.
- To ensure that correct shipping documentation is issued.
- To advise customer of dispatch details.
- Invoice generation and administration.
- Provide information regarding outstanding invoices and assisting timely payment thereof.
- To provide the first point of contact to all customers/potential customers.
- To liaise by telephone and e-mail.
- To deal with queries, complaints, credit notes, free-of-charge issues, debit notes, sample requests, proforma invoices, delivery complaints, clearance certificates, amendments to deliveries, uplift forms, delivery discrepancies and literature requests.
- To be familiar with bid/performance bands, insurance, Incoterms, despatch modes, inspection arrangements, export licences, payment terms, etc.
- To prepare Letters of Credit (preferable not essential).
- To carry out such other duties as may be required to achieve the overall purpose of the job.
- To consistently achieve departmental and company KPIs.
- Candidates must have previous customer focused administration and global shipping/export experience is essential
- Possess a dynamic 'can do’ attitude, be a 'starter - finisher’ and be a good team player
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and in a busy environment
- Computer literate with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A good telephone manner
- A professional attitude and possess excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent administration and organisational skills are essential
- You must be qualified to GCSE level C or above in English and Maths
- Customer Services
- Letters of Credit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job