Customer Services Assistant - Saffron Walden Library
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Please note that you will be required to work at Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Stansted Libraries.
Please note that this is a fixed-term position for a duration of 6 months.
This is a part time position, working 18.5 hours per week.
This will include working every Saturday and some evenings.
The salary will be pro rata accordingly to £8,750 per annum.
Do you enjoy working with people?
Enthusiastic about playing a key role in your local community?
A role model for excellent customer service?
The Customer Services Assistant role within the library service encompasses all this and more. Working at the heart of the community, you will enjoy daily interaction with a wide range of people and have the rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to their lives.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with customers of all ages and backgrounds. This includes planning and delivering regular events and activities for children, adults, families and older people, both within the library setting and at other venues in the community. You will also need to be confident in building relationships with local stakeholders, partners and community groups to identify opportunities to work together.
Effective communication skills are a necessity together with good listening skills to ensure that you can deal with customer enquiries and queries appropriately.
You will be required to carry out a range of clerical tasks and library routines, so the ability to learn and to work quickly and accurately under pressure is essential. You will need to be able to adapt and respond to a complex, ever-changing environment, taking opportunities to improve the way things are done, whilst considering best value for money for the customer and the organisation.
Library work is varied and can involve working on your own, as well as working with teams both locally and across the county, so you need the ability to motivate yourself for both types of work. Although the job will have a base location and a regular rota, you will be expected to work flexibly and be able to travel to cover at other local libraries.
Above all, we are looking for people who genuinely enjoy operating in a customer-focused organisation.
The library service is currently consulting on its Draft Strategy for the next 5 years. For more information visit the Essex County Council website.
Role specific accountabilities:
* Work as part of project or process team under the new operating model, ensuring excellent customer service is provided across functional output.
* Consistently and accurately work within customer processes and, where appropriate, suggesting areas of potential improvement.
* Deliver an effective, efficient face to face and telephone service to customers of Essex County Council, promoting a positive image through email, telephone, face to face, social media and letters.
* Provide a clear, concise and timely service to customers, to meet SLA and productivity targets.
* Administer and respond to applications from residents against defined criteria to communicate outcomes.
* Ensure that customers' enquiries are understood and resolved promptly by phone email or face to face as appropriate.
* Challenge and suggest improvement to current processes that impact on the customer
* Accurately input and interpret a range of data.
* Follow a schedule of work within defined deadlines, highlighting issues of concern as necessary.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) in Maths and English. In addition a level 2 qualification in administration, business or customer services or equivalent, or equivalent by experience in customer service.
* Experience of providing customer service across a large organisation.
* Well-developed working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential (use of databases is desirable).
* Ability to work at speed and to criteria accurately.
* Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, in a manner which is easily understood.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- customer service
- attention to detail
- communication skills
- ICT skills
- organisation skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'