Customer Services Assistant
Full Time (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-12.30pm on a rota basis)
Chalfont St Giles Office
We are looking for a friendly Customer Services Assistant to work in our Chalfont St Giles office. As a key member of our Customers Services team you will be assisting in the daily running of the Building Society. We work as a head office and branch "all in one" therefore your duties will be a mixture of customer facing and back office. Daily duties will include:
- Cashiering (both opening and balancing individual tills)
- Customer Services both face to face and over the telephone
- Opening new accounts
- Preparing month end duties
- General administrative duties including post, address changes, data entry etc
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous Financial Services Customer Services experience (desirable but not essential)
- A high degree of numeracy and accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Good computer/IT knowledge
- The ability to react quickly, calmly and professionally in a busy office
- A can-do attitude and active team player prepared to go "the extra mile"
A minimum of GCSE English and Maths grade C (or equivalent) is required for this position.
The Buckinghamshire Building Society was founded in 1907 making it one of the UK’s longest established Building Societies. It is based in Chalfont St Giles and is the only remaining independent Building Society in the County. Whilst over much of its history the members have been mainly local people, it has widened its area of activities over the last decade and now has more than 11,000 savers and 1,500 borrowers throughout the UK. It is a mutual organisation run for the benefit of its members, with a commitment to put the interests of its members first. It delivers high levels of service and provides value to existing and new members through competitive savings and mortgage products; doing the right thing for its members, staff and the local community.
If you are interested in this role please get in touch asap as we are looking to move forward quickly with recruitment for this role.
Please submit with your CV a short covering letter containing your salary expectations/current salary and notice period.
- Customer Services
- General Administration