Position Title:Customer Service (with import/export exp)
Salary: £28-29k (Overtime paid when required)
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
General Purpose of Position:
To be responsible for producing high quality customer service to all our customers, overseas partner and suppliers.
Manage your time to ensure that priorities and targets set are achieved.
Must have import clearence & export experience, the role is mainly export but will be covering import when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and control all activities on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all consignments are loaded onto the computer system prior to arrival / departure either by EDI or manually, checking paperwork accuracy.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to export, delivery or release.
- Keep operational staff & customers fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to shipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outstanding monies are collected prior to release /; delivery of goods with overall responsibilities in the collection of outstanding D/V including updating records.
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customer and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with oversea offices and partners.
- Identify and provide early warning s to the manager of the relevant department, on any issues and problems that could have adverse effect on deadlines.
- Liaise where appropriate with other departments to resolve any conflicting issues raised by customers and or figures.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management.
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Monitor incoming mail and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
- Complete month end routines as directed by manager.
- Action other ad hoc duties
- Promote and maintain image, procedures and standards as set with management.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Able to promote APGL, corporate culture
- Able to work and meet deadines
- Have import/export knowledge
- Computer literate
- Able to implement and manage systems
- Possess team player qualities
- Possess good leadership skills
- Able to plan ahead
- A pro active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills
Must have a licence and own a car
- Customer Service
- Import Export