This is a mixed customer service / admin / telephone support role within a very successful financial services business in the heart of Leeds city centre, who reward staff well and provide many perks / benefits. In order to be considered, you must have significant telephone experience and be available to work a shift pattern of Monday - Thursday 12-9pm and alternate Fridays 9-6 / Saturdays 9-3 (Late Shift).
Our client is a global leading insurance broker, looking for a talented individual to join the team in their expanding Leeds city centre office.
This business operates as an independent insurance broker in conjunction with online market comparison sites such as Compare the Market and Money Supermarket. They offer unbiased advice relating to Life Insurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness and Mortgage Protection. Choosing the best policy from a range of leading insurers.
The company is well respected employer who have won two awards in the last year for 'employee engagement' - and have held the title of 'Best Protection Advisor Business' for the last 12 years. The company has been recognised as a great place to work. They treat their customers and staff with respect, provide a safe, modern working environment, ongoing training and support and a convenient city centre office location.
To successfully process paper based applications from clients and support the Advisers:
- Processing business via live phone transactions with clients.
- Processing proposal forms received from clients
- Effective communication with clients, delivering excellent levels of customer service at all times
- Being committed to contribute to achieving team as well as individual targets
- Liaise with insurers regularly, building a competent knowledge of insurer processes
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Accurately input data and information onto internal and insurer systems including comprehensive & informative notes regarding clients and their application process
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients by telephone, email and letter
- Ensure that clients are called punctually during their requested time slot for any live transactions.
- Manage work efficiently and within agreed timescales to achieve business targets
- Understand the underwriting process to ensure applications are assessed correctly and efficiently and suggest alternatives where necessary
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to GCSE a minimum of grade C in Maths and English
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Exceptional telephone skills
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience of working with databases & management of them
- Proven track record of high levels of accuracy and productivity
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent keyboard skills in terms of accuracy and speed.
- Computer literacy - Internet and MS Office
- Confident telephone manner and able to ask sensitive & probing questions to extract information accurately and with empathy where necessary
- Good team worker and self motivator, remains calm under pressure, possesses high standards and flexible.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback.
- Available to work a shift pattern of Monday - Thursday 12-9 and alternate Fridays 9-6 / Saturdays 9-3 (Late Shift)
- Competitive basic salary: £20,000
- Rewarding bonus structure - extra £1,000 - 2,000 per year
- Private healthcare
- Half price gym membership, free Starbucks and other great perks.
- Your own life, critical illness and income covers
- A choice of pensions
- Excellent, modern working environment - prestigious offices in Leeds city centre
- This business have an excellent staff retention rate and offer a long term career path with genuine development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV via this website or contact Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment for more information.
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- General Admin
- Telephone Manner