This is banking - but not as you know it. Starling Bank is a FinTech with a full banking license, striving to connect banking and technology through its mobile-only Current Account. Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money by allowing customers to manage their money entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support - the customer service team is at the heart of our company.
We are looking for dynamic, passionate individuals to join our team and drive exceptional customer service for a next generation, digital bank.
Joining this team is not only an opportunity to make Starling tick and help our customers lead healthier financial lives, it can be your Passport to Starling. Our Passport to Starling scheme works on a rotational basis, enabling members of the Customer Service team to contribute to other teams within our bank.
Here’s our Head of People Operations Hessie Coleman:
"Customer service is very important to us and we didn’t want our team to be tucked away in a support centre far away from the business, but for people to be enjoying good and interesting careers. Passport to Starling keeps engagement in the customer service team very high while at the same time growing and developing our people depending on business need and their skillsets, aspirations and experiences."
At Starling, we are all for building careers and will commit to developing you in our Banking Operations team. If you’re passionate about Marketing or Finance, or if you’d like to venture into the lands of Product Development, Customer Proposition or Risk, we can take you there. Now’s your time to be a part of our world.
The Customer Service Team’s responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions to help and benefit our customers
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improve the service to our customers
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows
- Working well within a dynamic team environment
- Investigating and resolving issues whilst proactively seeking solutions
Strong customer focus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to adapt to change
Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities
Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment