Customer Service Team Leader - Insurance
Permanent, Full Time
We are currently seeking a Team Leader to motivate and lead our team of Account Handler based in Croydon.
This role will be working very closely with the Schemes Manager to grow the accounts, increase income, profitability and be responsible for management of workflows and development of the team. You will ensure all customer interactions are handled promptly and professionally and be responsible for coaching team members and providing structured feedback to drive continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a broad and sound knowledge in relevant classes of retail/commercial insurance and possess strong leadership and work flow management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape and grow the business, the successful candidate will be a strong self -starter able to work autonomously during an exciting period of change.
Morton Michel expertly insure 24,000 childminders and nannies, 9,000 nurseries and pre-schools, and 5,000 out of school clubs and holiday play schemes, as well as numerous other social and voluntary groups connected with childcare. We also have a busy motor, general and commercial department.
Morton Michel Ltd are proud to be part of the PIB Group. PIB offers investment in our people, products, processes and online services to ensure that the business can continue to meet all the challenges of the ever changing childcare and insurance industries.
- To ensure the completion of day to day administration including processing of renewals, mid-term adjustments, client queries and cancellations and new business as required in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure smooth running of the volume team, with responsibility for team workflows and day to day queries
- To work closely with the Schemes Manager and implement scheme and business strategy
- As the business develops you should contribute ideas and implement change to deliver this to best effect for the customer and the team
- Continually looking to develop our customer experience by working with the Schemes Manager and by joining up with other areas of the business as required
- To manage, develop and train the team
- To monitor performance of individual team members via call recording, 1-1s and through observation, ensuring that any under-performance is brought to the attention of the supervising Manager in a timely fashion
- Responsible for coaching team members and providing structured feedback to drive continuous improvement
- To ensure that staff appraisals and 1-1s are completed in a timely manner, ensuring that team members complete any required training within the specified timescale
- To ensure that checking of all documentation is completed on a daily basis in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure credit control and debt collection is up to date for direct clients
- To ensure that departmental banking is completed in a timely manner
- To deal with technical queries both verbally and in writing
- To be aware of and act within the limit of your individual underwriting authority
- To ensure compliance with processes and procedures as laid down by Morton Michel
- Acting as a point of contact for escalated queries and complaints
- Occasional attendance at exhibitions, industry seminars and workshops.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A broad and sound knowledge in relevant classes of retail/commercial insurance
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong work flow management skills
- Analytical and numerical
- Excellent organisation, planning and administration
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to quickly identify potential problems and seek advice when required
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines /Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to build and maintain close relationships with clients and associations
Morton Michel offers a highly attractive reward package.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
Morton Michel aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job