CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide a first class customer service to internal and external customers by managing incoming queries and services.
Receive, record, investigate and resolve these queries and complaints within service level agreements. Ensure that the correct escalation process is followed and that operational issues are dealt with accordingly.
• Resolve and respond to any incoming queries and complaints by emails/phone along with taking responsibility for managing a shared inbox
• Respond promptly and within timescales to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained
• Written correspondence must be clear, concise and accurate. Treating all customers with respect, showing empathy and understanding
• Be aware of response times and follow the escalation process
• Pro-actively chase if queries and complaints are not responded to/resolved within SLA
• Log, and record all details and actions, raise any necessary paperwork and keep customers informed
• Carry out root cause analysis and drive corrective actions through the organisation
• Motivated with a positive attitude and able to keep up a high morale
• Professional and articulate - possess strong communication skills both face to face and written with the ability to build rapport with and communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
• Develop realistic workable solutions to problems with the ability to identify causes/trends
• Accurate and thorough with excellent attention to detail
• Confident to question or challenge things if they do not look right
• Willingness to make decisions and problem solve
• Able to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable - able to carry out a range of different duties and to multi-task
• A good team player, able to support other members within the team
• Customer focused and can deliver excellent customer service in a professional and polite manner
• Experience of dealing with customer queries/complaints
• IT literate particularly with MS Office Applications
• Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to management
• The ability to generate reports
• Working in a Customer Services environment
• Experience in administration where the jobholder can prioritise workload and organise work to meet deadlines
• GCSE/ O Level or equivalent in English and Mathematics
• Previous experience in a similar job role
• Customer Service NVQ or equivalent
• Educated to 'A’ Level/BTEC or equivalent
• Work a shift pattern
• Flexible approach to working hours - 8.30am-5pm/9am-5.30pm/9.30am-6pm
• Full driving licence
We regret to inform you that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to reply to everyone.
If your application is successful we will contact you within 5 working days.
If unfortunately you do not hear from us please feel free to apply for future roles.
- Customer Complaints
- customer service