A position as a Customer Service Specialist, Ocean Imports has arisen at Purfleet.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client's company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services.
Main purpose of the job:
The role of Customer Service Specialist, Ocean Imports is to fully meet customers’ expectations for safe and efficient transport of their products from various worldwide destinations into the UK in accordance with company policy and procedures as well as statutory requirements.
Take direct ownership of customer relationships and ensure all business is implemented successfully and communication to the client is of the highest level.
Delivering an excellent standard of customer service is extremely important to this role.
Key Tasks of the role are:
* Use of Company In-House systems to complete Export documentation and operational processes.
* Organise operational workflow to meet customer timeframes.
* Communicate effectively with the customer to obtain relevant information and ensure their needs are met.
* Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
* Maintain Customer profiles/SOP’s
* Resolve customer issues and escalate where support is needed.
* Liaise with sub-contractors to arrange carriage of goods to various worldwide destinations.
* Raise payable invoices to customers and overseas agents in accordance with agreed rates and tariffs, whilst monitoring financial Profit & Loss levels on own shipments.
* Complete all administration functions in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Skills & Competencies
* Good communication skills
* Good organization skills and effective time management
* Manage time effectively
* Commercial awareness
* Attention to detail
* IT Literate in Microsoft Office
* Problem solving
Applicant would ideally have 2-3 years recent industry experience with previous involvement in Worldwide ocean freight imports.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'