Customer Service Sales Advisor
Does your strong work ethic and superb customer service skills breed fantastic results? If so, and you’d relish an opportunity that you can grab by the horns to build fantastic customer relationships, whilst working as part of a proactive office support team, then look no further.
Who will I be working with?
Cogent is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK’s largest bull stud. The award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting products to more than 40 countries, with a workforce in excess of 120 professional team members, and a head office located in Tattenhall, near Chester.
What will the role of Customer Service Sales Advisor entail?
Reporting to the Sales Team Leader, as a Customer Service Sales Advisor you’ll be responsible for providing first class customer service and advice to existing and prospective customers, promoting Cogent’s products and services over the telephone. You will receive full product training which will enable you to utilise your skills and achieve both individual and team sales targets. Your duties and responsibilities will include although not be limited to:
- Efficiently reviewing, planning and prioritising the daily customer call schedule
- Providing first class advice on Cogent’s products and services to fit with customer requirements
- Managing and proactively building a database of customers, and maintaining long-lasting relationships
- Developing and maintaining superb knowledge of the Cogent portfolio of products and services, in addition to knowledge of the agricultural industry and market trends
From time to time, you will also have the opportunity to attend agricultural events in the region where you will promote products face to face.
What will I need to be considered for this Customer Service Sales Advisor role?
- Proven experience gained within a customer focused role, preferably within a sales office or call centre environment
- A positive, results driven work ethic and ambition to succeed
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Proactive approach to work with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised and diligent
- IT literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge of, or an interest in the agricultural industry / cattle breeding would be highly advantageous, although not essential as full training on products and the industry will be provided.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a well-established business with strong growth plans, where you’ll be encouraged and supported to further develop your career, with hard efforts and results noticed and well rewarded.
Salary: £17,500, rising to £18,000 following successful completion of probation period
EnhancedBenefits: Annual leave entitlement of 21 days plus bank holidays, rising to 23 days plus bank holidays after 12 months, along with pension and life insurance.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. Flexibility will be required with hours to meet customer needs.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Tattenhall, near Chester (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Customer Service Sales Advisor vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Cogent. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Cogent, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job