The Customer Service Representative is part of a team responsible for providing first line of contact for my clients energy customers and housing tenants, assisting in the production and delivery of customer invoicing and the resolution of customer enquiries relating to rents, energy bills and services.
Individually responsible for: handling communications by phone, email and letter with new and existing customers, updating customer account records and operating customer service and billing software.
This position could be either a temp to perm (maximum 8 weeks temp) or straight permanent position.
Full time 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Salary will be £20,000-£24,000 depending on experience
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Working within the customer services team to provide a high quality first line of contact for customers and Housing tenants
2. Liaising with property agents concierge services and third party intermediaries in relation to enquiries about energy metering, billing and payments
3. Handling enquiries regarding new accounts and tenancies, providing assistance in setting up new supply contracts and tenancy agreements, including setting up direct debit payments
4. Closing customer accounts including production of final bills and rent demands
5. Reconciling meter and consumption data for customer supplies and resolution of any discrepancies in advance of the bill runs.
6. Assisting in the satisfactory resolution of customer queries and complaints relating to tenant services, bills, maintenance charges, unregistered tenants, heating controls, meter identification etc
7. Providing account reconciliations and breakdowns and where necessary handling the issue of credit notes in respect of adjustments to customer bills.
8. Opening new customer accounts and providing general advice on services to new customers.
9. Identifying need for and scheduling engineer call-outs and liaising with customers and engineers on service calls and repairs
10. Negotiating and monitoring payment plans with customers and their representatives 11. Recommending to the Customer Services Manager proposed action for recovery of debt
12. Maintaining and updating accurate customer records in compliance with data security standards
13. Providing general and day-to-day support to the Housing Services and Energy Operations
Good levels of numeracy
Computer literate, with high competence in Microsoft Excel
Good inter-personal skills including an approachable manner when dealing with customers either on the telephone or by email/letter and the ability to resolve disputes
Willingness to be trained in new CRM and billing-related software
Flexible working approach
If you would be interested in this position then please apply below or contact Lee Russell on 01483 529900.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job