BGL Customer Services is part of the BGL Group, one of Sunderland’s leading employers.
“We’d like you to join us!”
We’re recruiting for the next customer service superstars for our contact centre in, Sunderland.
Do you want to work for a company which delivers a first class experience for its customers and employees? If so then you’re heading in the right direction.
We’ve recently won the gold award for Large Contact Centre of the Year at the European Contact Centre & Customer Service of the Year awards! Our Web Chat team also won the silver award for the Best Multi/Omni-Channel Customer Experience. In addition we’ve been recognised at the National Contact Centre of the Year Awards for our CSR activities and the support our Learning and Development team offers.
So do you want to be part of our award winning contact centre?
About BGL Group
BGL Group is a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services to 8.5 million customers. The Group is organised in two divisions: Price Comparison and Insurance Distribution and Outsourcing (IDO).
The Price Comparison division offers customers access to a growing range of car, home insurance and breadth products (including life, travel, energy and pet insurance as well as utilities and money products). Comparethemarket is one of the UK’s largest and most-loved price comparison sites and LesFurets is a leading player in the French market.
In IDO, our partnerships business, Junction, provides car and home insurance through some of the UK’s most well-known brands; Beagle Street and FiftyLife offer simple, fast online life insurance; and our own insurance brands, Budget and Dial Direct offer tailored car, home, life and van insurance products all supported by our state of the art contact centres.
Working for BGL Customer Services
Our business is market-leading in brand, data and digital and we’re always pushing the boundaries to innovate. We actively encourage people to interact, meet new colleagues, share ideas and empower people to make a difference. We believe this is what makes BGL a unique place to work.
Our purpose is to make a difference for customers and it’s no surprise that our Customer Service team is responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences. We have more than 1,500 people across three Contact Centres in the UK who support our 8.5 million customers.
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Representative?
- Taking inbound calls from prospective and existing customers, ensuring our reputation is maintained to a high standard for our internal and external brand
- Delivering outstanding services to every customer you deal with
- Ensuring you take responsibility for our customers and provide resolutions
- Taking ownership for your own development within the BGL Group
- Be determined to succeed and accountable for results for yourself and the business
- Acting with drive, pace and passion
- You will need to ensure you are following system and procedural processes to ensure compliance with the FCA
- Based in our modern Sunderland office
What skills or experience do I need to be a Customer Service Representative?
- Minimum of six months experience working within a customer service environment, this could be from a variety of backgrounds including retail, contact centre and hospitality (face to face, by phone or in written form)
- A proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Taking responsibility for customer concerns and resolution
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Proven record for setting own goals and monitoring own performance
If this sounds like the role for you then take a closer look at the benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary starting from £15,500 depending on previous experience with a shift allowance of £1,755. We recognise commitment and strong performance and with an opportunity to earn up to £20,000 plus a shift allowance of £1,755 after three years.
- Shifts will be within our opening hours of 8am-10pm Monday-Friday; 8am-6pm Saturday & 9am-5pm on Sunday
- Subsidised on site restaurant, free fruit (everyday) and free breakfast (weekends only)
- On site Sports Massage & Osteopath treatments and “at desk” massages
- Flexible benefits package
- Comprehensive induction training programme and career support
- Opportunities to be involved in charity work and fundraising events
You can apply online now.
If your experience and skills match our requirement we will call you to discuss your application further.
To find out more about BGL Customer Services visit our Facebook page.