Customer Service Representative
Salary £20,000 plus excellent benefits
At an exciting time for our client’s business, we have a vacancy for a Customer Service Representative in their Customer Support Centre. This is a varied and challenging role, handling telephone and email enquiries in a fast-paced environment. Full training will be provided so we are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and a positive and flexible attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to begin their career within a growing organisation and because we are invested in our employee's development, after the successful completion of your probation you will be enrolled onto our apprenticeship scheme where you will complete Investment Operations Administrator - level two. The apprenticeship is the first step in building a broad understanding of the purpose and structure of the financial services industry, our organisation, its function within the industry and the role in which you play.
Description of duties
- Handle inbound contact - both phone calls and emails - within their contact centre, providing information on a shareholder/employee’s financial investment.
- Gain expert knowledge and awareness of our products & procedures to be able to clearly explain information in an understandable way.
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and a passion for great customer service. Use appropriate methods to lead the conversation, identify and meet caller’s needs whilst keeping call duration within the set targets.
- Keep your knowledge up to date by completing mandatory training / regular reading within the prescribed timeframe.
- Escalate queries, complaints, risks and issues promptly
- Accurately record information in the relevant systems
- Identify opportunities for process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience
- Support and assist other teams/projects during busy periods, holidays and absence
- Be responsible for your self-development and pro-actively progress your own training
- Minimum GCSE level (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Visio)
- Confident communication skills - both written and oral and demonstrates always respect with colleagues and customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates professionalism by possessing an in-depth understanding of good customer service
- Demonstrates a good team working ethic and commitment to self-development
- 23 days’ annual leave, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
- Funded employee development (IOC Certificate)
- Discount to the Mytime Leisure Centres AND Discounted high street voucher scheme
- Social events for the Customer Support Centre
- Free office fruit baskets delivered twice per week
- Easy access via public transport - bus, tram and train
- Call Centre
- Contact Centre
- Customer Care
- Customer Service
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'