Job Title: Customer Service - Prepayment Adviser
Location: Coventry - Westwood Business Park - CV4 8HZ
Salary: £18,000 increased to £18,500 after probationary period
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: Shifts are between the hours of 08:00 - 20:15 Mon - Fri and 09:00 - 17:00 Sat, you’ll be contracted to 37.5 hours per week.
Do you want to be part of the largest independent gas and electricity retailer in the UK? If so, keep reading…
We are looking for 6 enthusiastic Customer Service - Prepayment Advisers to join our fast-paced, lively and professional Prepayment Team from the 23rd April 2018.
Our prepayment team support our existing prepayment customers with queries, speak to customers who would like a prepayment meter and explore their options, or speak to existing customers who are having difficulty meeting their payments about their options (including payment plans).
What your new role as a Customer Service - Prepayment Advisers will involve…
- Answering calls or emails related to general pre-payment meter queries, and provide guidance to customers.
- Advising on tariffs available, and carry out manual calculations to confirm how much a customer would pay on each tariff.
- Liaising with internal teams about a range of issues.
- Supporting customers with a variety of queries relating to joining First Utility as a prepayment meter.
- Answering queries from current prepayment customers who would like to move to a credit account.
- Supporting customers who are having difficulty meeting planned payments
- Setting up payment plans for customers who are in arrears
- Set up payment plans for customers who are in arrears.
What you will need to make the most of the role...
- Communication - Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to employ appropriate listening and questioning techniques to establish a situation
- Ability to carry out basic numerical calculations
- Good level of spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to stay calm and professional in pressurised or challenging situations
- Handle customer objections effectively, when delivering uncomfortable messages
- Ability to empathise with customers, taking time to understand their point of view/how the customer may be feeling, and respond appropriately
- Ability to learn new information, systems or processes quickly
- Confident to quickly apply new information learnt in new situations
- Ability to spot inconsistencies in data, with a good attention to detail
- Ability to accurately record information
- Comfort following established processes and procedures
What you’ll get in return...
- A 5.5 week fully paid training course to make sure you're ready for your new role.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays on top - Yes we don’t open on bank holidays or Sunday’s
- Career Development - with your very own personalised personal development plan to help you progress within our successful business.
- Bupa- Private Healthcare offered
- Pension contribution and team quarterly budget, so you and your colleagues can treat yourselves.
- Inspire and Aspire - an apprenticeship accreditation scheme to aid you to further your progression and development within the Customer Service profession.
- Regular ad-hoc incentives, such as love to shop vouchers, plasma screen TV’s, cinema and restaurant vouchers and more.
- Casual Dress - No need for a suit and tie, as it a smart casual dress code
- Parking - There is parking available onsite or at our satellite car park for all employees
- Den - a large comfy seating area with sofas, T.V, Football Table, Playstation/Xbox and fully function changing rooms including shower facilities.
- Customer Service
- Debt Management
- Consumer Debt