Job Title: Customer Service Operator
Hours: Mon - Fri8am - 5pm or 8.30am - 5.30pm depending on rota
Our customer located in Northampton requires a detail conscious and organised individual to join the team as a Customer Service Operator.
The team in Northampton complete all the customs declarations for all customs controlled shipments coming in by road and air at multiple import locations across the UK. This is a critical role in the organisation and requires a high level of attention to detail for which training will be given.
Main responsibilities as a Customer Service Operator:
As a Customer Service Operator, it is important that you are able to use your own initiative to overcome daily challenges, communicate with your colleagues to ensure that all tasks are completed as a team, and be able to take ownership of resolving difficult or exceptional situations.
General Duties as Customer Service Operator:
- To ensure all regulatory & company procedures are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- To identify, investigate, resolve and respond to all queries and problems.
- To enter and update information accurately into the relevant systems.
- To accurately update and maintain company databases.
- To undertake due diligence in all aspects of your work, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer care, including the adherence to the company telephone policy.
- To report to the Line Manager any discrepancies or deviations to internal processes or regulatory requirements.
- To partake in developmental training as required in accordance with the company's commitment to our people.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as requested by the Line Manager to ensure the effective performance of the department.
To ensure an effective, prompt and efficient import clearance service.
To maintain full compliance with company and legislative requirements.
To provide accurate and informative verbal and written clearance information to internal/external customers.
Adherence to Data Protection rules and requirements.
To make accurate decisions when determining the applicable clearance regime.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY or call the Ingold Recruitment office.
- Customer Service
- Accurate Data Entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'