We have a fantastic opportunity to work in the public sector doing Customer service.
we are looking for full Time (37.5) and Part time (M-F 5hours a day)
To work within the team to enhance and develop the provision of an excellent, integrated, single access point service (telephone, face to face, e-mail or other media).
To take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries in relation to Council services.
To present a customer friendly, positive and professional response to customers over the telephone or by electronic means or face to face, with the aim of satisfying enquiries with a single contact.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries in relation to Council services and the provision of an extensive information service in a positive and professional manner either face-to-face; over the telephone or by electronic means with the aim of satisfying enquiries within a single contact.
2. Ensure that all enquiries are correctly diagnosed, responded to, tracked and followed up as required.
3. Provide a responsive customer enquiry service as appropriate.
4. Ensure the service is delivered in accordance with agreed service standards.
5. Determine the nature of customer enquiries and, where appropriate, for more complex queries conduct detailed interviews.
6. Effectively prioritise enquiries and, where appropriate, hand over to Departmental Specialists, or the Team Manager, within specified standards.
7. Further develop the service, contribute ideas and assist in determining solutions based on first hand experience and monitoring of customer feedback or consultation.
8. 'Own' personal development plan and actively take part in coaching and performance workshops.
9. Undertake a range of administrative duties to support the processing of customer enquiries in order to deliver the service.
10. Liaise with other Departments of the Council and various agencies for the benefit of customers.
11. Present a professional image at all times.
12. Accept empowerment within the framework of Council and Departmental policies and instructions, and subject to the over-riding authority of line managers, Customer Service Officers are authorised to undertake all duties appertaining to the areas of work outlined above.
13. Develop safe working practices within the immediate work area.
14. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure an effective enquiry service is provided at all times.
15. Keep abreast of information of all Council services, organisational changes and other public and community information, in order to provide up-to-date information to customers.
16. Access and maintain any computerised or manual information systems that may be required in order to provide information, access to services, advice and support for customers.
17. Provide and evaluate data obtained for statistical purposes to aid future decision making.
18. Take an active role in developing the use of information technology in consultation with the Team Manager and Information Technology staff.
19. Customer Care - Provide quality services that are what our customers want and need. To give customers the opportunity to comment or complain if they need to. To work with customers and do what needs to be done to meet their needs. To inform managers about what customers say in relation to the services delivered.
20. Personal and Peer Development - Make every effort to access development opportunities and spend time with managers identifying development needs through a personal development plan. Be ready to share learning with others.
21. Valuing Equality and Diversity - Ensure that the service is accessed by and meets the needs of all communities in the City and develop appropriate strategies to reduce inequalities where they are found.
22. Attend meetings and seminars as directed.
23. Deliver and achieve Best Value.
24. Operate a VDU/PC terminal for the processing and retrieval of information.
25. Attend training courses as and when required.
26. To act in accordance with the Council's Constitution and other Codes of Conduct.
27. To participate in staff development, appraisal and training as appropriate, including continuous professional development.
28. To comply with the Council's agreed policies and procedures including but not limited to Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunities Policies, the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations and other relevant Council and Government Regulations, Directives and City wide priorities.
29. To undertake any other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed and appropriate to the grade and role of the post subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as incorporated into the Equality Act 2010.
30. To participate in the wider development of the service and contribute to service improvement as required.
31. Wolverhampton City Council is committed to Corporate Parenting. "Corporate Parenting is the collective responsibility of the Council to provide the best possible care and protection for children who are looked after."
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job