Customer Service Officer - South Western Rail
Are you passionate about customer service?
Would you like a career in the Rail industry?
If yes, then we are looking for you!
Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a new team of Customer Service Officers who have an excellent communication skill to work at New Malden & Raynes Park areas.
The main responsibility is to assist customers travelling on the rail network, engage with passengers and enhance their travelling experience. You will play an important role in revenue protection; the gate line is seen as the first line of revenue protection and you will have responsibility to reduce ticket fraud and fare avoidance, to check each customer has a valid ticket.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, national organisation and to develop your career in the Railway industry
What You Get
- Excellent pay rate of £9.75 per hour
- 4 - 8-hour shifts are available
- Ownership and accountability for a Railway Station during your duty hours
- Opportunity to make a real difference and a position of real responsibility
- Training, Support and Personal Development
- An opportunity for progression in a fast moving, exciting and growing company
What We Want
- Experienced customer service professional, with brilliant communication skills
- To be available for early morning, afternoon, evening and night shifts
- Smart, well-groomed and confident disposition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must be able to work 5 days out of 7 which will include weekends
- Successful applicants MUST be able to provide 5 years work vetting (without gaps).
- Good general education
- Applicants with local knowledge an advantage
Stations you could be working at include:
- New Malden (1230-0000 M-Sat x 1, 900-1800 Sun x 1, 2000-0000 M-Sat x 1)
- Raynes Park (830-1600 M-F x 1, 600-1500 Sat x 1, 900-1800 Sun x 1, 2000-0000 M-Sat x 2)
******* Officer MUST be able to travel home by means other than TRAIN at end of LATE shift (shift concludes after last train has departed)
******* Officer MUST be able to travel from home by means other than TRAIN at beginning of EARLY shift (shift starts before first train arrives at station)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond positively to enquiries; proactively ensure that the passengers’ needs are met within your area of responsibility.
- Work as a member of a revenue protection team in liaison with RPAs and RPIs and as directed by station management.
- Carry out Automatic Ticket Gate duties ensuring, within your area of responsibility, their safe use by passengers and undertake ticket checks.
- Examine tickets, advise accordingly and pass any irregularities to a Revenue Protection Assistant/Inspector, if available.
- Be fully conversant with Railway Bylaws and the National Rail conditions of carriage, and, have an understanding of the Penalty Fare rules.
- Be fully conversant with revenue protection standards and policy, ensuring compliance with Revenue Protection Handbook.
- Ensure ticket office queues are kept to a minimum by directing customers to the Ticket Vending Machines.
- Complete relevant reports as required.
- Check the cleanliness and general environment of Automatic Ticket Gates and take appropriate action to rectify or report faults.
- Carry out Bus Liaison duties as required during times of engineering work.
- Report anti-social behaviour at stations, in accordance with the company policy and Railway Byelaws, whilst maintaining train service performance.
Due to the high volumes of applicants if you have not heard back from us by 14 working days please consider your application unsuccessful
STM Group is an equal opportunities and diversity aware employer
STM hold ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001 certification together with Security Industry Authority Approved Contractor Scheme accreditation.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job