Our client based in Thamesmead is looking to appoint an experienced Sales & Marketing Assistant with great customer service to join them on a permanent basis.
ROLE TITLE: SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT
REPORTING TO: SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
Job Purpose: Assist in the effective delivery of sales office activities as directed by the S & M Manager.
Job Scope: Sales enquiries/sample requests, product costing, quotation follow-up, sales order processing, customer liaison, marketing support.
Key Relationships (internal): Sales team, accounts team, operations personnel, warehouse personnel.
Key Relationships (external): Customers and Sales Agents
• Process customer enquiries
• Pack and send out product samples
• Customer liaison - as required in relation to enquiries, outstanding orders, customer complaints
• Sales order processing - order entry, acknowledgement, order progress monitoring, dispatch and invoicing
• Key account management of allocated customers
• Complete sales office logs and records as required
• Product costing, quotations and quotation follow-up
• Provide administrative support as needed
• Assist in the design and planning of Marketing Campaigns
• Any other reasonable task as required
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• To maintain customer service levels and performance standards in accordance with Sales & Marketing Objectives
• To become confident and "stand alone" at all "Main Responsibilities"
• Continuously improve product and customer knowledge
• Provide effective cover for Sales & Marketing Manager during periods when she is off-site or on holiday
• Compliance with Company Hygiene, Health & Safety and Quality Management System procedures
• Business-related degree would be an advantage
• At least one years’ experience in a sales office environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound numeracy skills
• Will be able to demonstrate competence in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
• Enthusiasm, energy & drive
• Must be a team player but will be able to work unsupervised
• The successful candidate will have a "hands-on", "can-do" attitude
38 ½ Hours per week.