To lead, manage and drive all aspects of the Service Delivery Function, providing dedicated support and resource to ensure customer service excellence is maintained at all times, championing change and ensuring operational excellence, compliance and efficiency.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the effective running of entire service delivery remit, including vendor support, auction support and payments office
- Ensure all Service Delivery teams are effectively resourced and requirements for reception and rostrum (including block clerks) are met
- Take responsibility for developing relationships with clients (vendors and buyers) who use the auction centre and for identifying and developing opportunities to build new business for the centre
- Enhance personal understanding of client needs, and continually develop networking opportunities and professional relationships with the branch key buyers and vendors
- Ensure service delivery to all clients meets all contractual and quality KPIs, including Vendor SLA compliance, exceeding client expectations and demonstrates continuous improvement.
- Continually enhance and manage the customer experience
- Be the initial point of escalation for all service delivery enquiries, both internal and external and when necessary, to handle customer complaints efficiently and effectively, keeping the number of escalated queries to a minimum
- Support with meeting and comply with the ICS accreditation standards, taking appropriate action with your teams to drive service excellence
- Responsible for all the people management aspects of your teams, including setting and defining objectives, reviewing performance, identifying training needs and maintaining excellent communication between your teams whilst ensuring processes are conducted with Manheim HR policies and guidelines and in line with employment law
- Work closely with the AGM Operations, Buyer Services Manager and their respective Teams to ensure that all vehicles are entered for sale correctly, all relevant processes are completed within the guidelines and that customer reports are being completed to service level requirements.
- Support the administration of the branch product and service offering, including Seller Advance
- To assist in the monitoring and production of the online catalogue, including image, specification and grade management.
- Identify and develop innovative methods to continually improve performance in all areas of auction business, maintaining responsibility for the branch business improvement forms and keeping the complaints pack up to date.
- Provide leadership to the branch in the implementation and maintenance of best practice and customer service excellence and support the GM & AGM Operations, in communicating the Manheim values and behaviours throughout the business to achieve the best results from the teams, and facilitate effective cross functional working at all levels across the site.
- To recognise the importance and benefits of effective team working, assisting colleagues and providing cover as and when required.
- Maintaining effective communication links with other teams/departments across the business
This role is responsible for 1 - 5 direct reports
- 6 - 10% travel, primarily regional or national
- Travel to other sites and attend conferences/meetings and training on occasion: Yes
- Limited international travel required: No, if yes …..%
Key Performance Criteria:
- Continuously drive customer service improvements and excellence in all business areas
- Ensure the Service Delivery department meets HSE, Legislation and Compliance standards at all times
- Successful delivery of all projects within the agreed timeframe
- Actively drive culture teams and people development within the auction centre ensuring key activites and initiatives are implemented and adhered to
Qualifications / Education & Experience
- Proven leadership experience within a similar environment, successfully managing teams
- Experience of working within rigid regulations and procedures
- Experience within a customer facing role with the ability to resolve customer queries and complaints to a mutual satisfaction
- Background in a fast paced business environment
- · Budgetary and business planning experience
- Experience in understanding and analysing financial reports or budgets with the ability to analyse data to drive performance
- Proven track record of improving performance and profitability through change management and process efficiency