Our Client is a global chemical Supplier. They currently have a vacancy for a Customer Service & Logistics Executive. This position will be office based near Chertsey in Surrey and is a full-time permanent role
- Administer operations to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Supervise team members on matters which will result in the achievement of increased efficiencies
- Develop and maintain a proactive ongoing relationship with customers to better understand their needs in order to differentiate services from competitors
- Act as the communication link between customers, Service providers and Sales staff to ensure responsiveness
- Liaise and support the Accounting department on any VAT related issues
- Ensure all customer information is kept up to date on the Company system
- Day to day communication with customer on orders, inquiries, and/or complaints relating to chemical products ordered and delivered
- Recording and processing orders received via email, fax, telephone, and/or through personal customer contact.
- Timely and accurate input of information in ERP and other systems as required for the efficient running of the business, checking and monitoring the quality of data entered on the system
- Support sales and marketing by collecting customer or industry specific information on product availability, customer product demand and growth opportunities on new or existing accounts.
- Organise logistics for the delivery of the orders
- Expedite delivery of selected orders, receive and route for approval freight bills
- Track order activity and alert appropriate staff of any potential delivery / logistics / quality problems or material handling issues
- Must be able to determine best option for servicing accounts and manage any conflict that develops
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Solid experience working with product or customer service
- Experience in logistics and dealing with European and international customers
- Knowledge of the chemical industry would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of chemical industry products and terminology preferred
- Another European language, although not essential would be very much an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision software a plus
- Ability to multi task and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting within the organisation and also with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills; must have ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with interruptions, strict deadlines, and be able to manage multiple priorities and change priorities quickly when needed
In return our Client is offering a competitive package including a basic salary of around £28,000 - £32,000 per annum plus benefits. (Salary is negotiable and dependent on relevant experience).
Please e-mail your C.V together with a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Customer Service
- Order Processing
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'